We’ve received a few calls from client’s whose children are about to fly the nest and head off to University or College.

The obvious question is ‘are the contents they take with them covered’, for instance laptops, bedding, clothing and other

personal items.

Now, you can take out specialist policies to cover this exact eventuality, but it’s important to be aware of the Contents Temporarily

Removed section which is included as standard on the majority of UK Home policies.

This section gives cover to contents items removed from the main home for a long period of time, stored at another address

within the UK. Quite often the policy wording even states ‘for Students away at University’.

Important to be aware of – check your policywording or of course give us a call and we’ll be more than happy to help.