People We Can Cover

Builders, plumbers, electricians, ground-workers, carpenters, painter and decorators through to self-employed professionals (e.g. consultants, project managers, freelancers in training etc)

  • Public liability insurance – This will cover you for any accidental injury or damage your business might cause to another person or property
  • Professional indemnity insurance – please see our separate section for more details
  • Employers’ liability insurance – If you have employees you are required by law to have employers’ liability insurance.
  • Business equipment insurance (tools cover) – Cover your business tools and equipment as an extension to your main policy meaning one renewal date for all the covers, making things far less complex. Tools are essential to Tradesman so insurance cover could be vital.

What You Need To Know

Standard Cover

Standard cover includes Public Liability – options available are £1m, £2m, £5m plus sometimes £10m can be required.


Bona-fide subcontractors are included upto a set amount under standard policies

The Law

Employers Liability is required by law – please check our separate section for more information.

Tools Theft

Tools cover can be added as an option, including theft from an unattended (locked) vehicle during the day.

What Should I do now?

In addition to providing a quote for the specific insurance you have searched for, we can review your other insurances at the same time, including (but not limited to) buildings, public liability, business-interruption, fleet, engineering and stock.

Speak directly to an experienced Broker on: 01225 657 850 Or, email us now:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.